Screen recording on an iPhone can be incredibly valuable in a range of scenarios, whether you aim to record gameplay, produce tutorial videos, or save important information for later reference.
With iOS, Apple has made it easier than ever to screen record on your iPhone.
We’ll walk you through screen recording on your iPhone step by step so you can start capturing and sharing your screen immediately.
Best practices for screen recording on iPhone
To get the best results with screen recording on your iPhone, here are some best practices to
- Plan: Prior to commencing recording, ensure you have a clear understanding of what you intend to capture and how you plan to present it. It will assist you in avoiding mistakes and making your recording as clear and concise as possible.
- Use a stable surface: To avoid shaky footage, make sure that your iPhone is on a stable surface or that you’re holding it steady. It will help ensure that the recording is smooth and easy to follow.
- Use good lighting: To get the best results, make sure that you’re recording in a well-lit area. It will help ensure that the recording is clear and easy to see.
Troubleshooting Issues When Screen Recording on iPhone
While screen recording is a powerful feature, it has issues. Here are some common problems you might encounter and how to fix them:
- Recording won’t start: If the recording doesn’t start, ensure you’ve enabled the screen recording feature and are not trying to record a protected app or screen.
- Recording won’t save: If the recording doesn’t save, ensure you have enough storage space on your iPhone and that you’re not trying to save the recording to a restricted folder.
- Audio isn’t recording: If the audio isn’t recording, ensure you’re using headphones and that the microphone button in the Control Center is turned on.
See Also: How To Turn On 5 G on iPhone 11
How To Screen Record On iPhone
Step 1: Enable Screen Recording in the Control Center
Firstly, you must ensure the screen recording feature is enabled in your iPhone’s Control Center. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Control Center.”
- Choose “Customize Controls.”
- Scroll to “Screen Recording” and tap the green “+” icon. It will add it to your Control Center.
Step 2: Access Control Center
Once you have added screen recording to your Control Center, you can easily access it by following these steps:
- From the Home screen, swipe down (on iPhone models with Face ID)
- Swipe up (on iPhone models with a Home button)
- Open the Control Center.
Step 3: Start Screen Recording
Now that you have accessed the Control Center, you can begin the screen recording process:
Locate the “Screen Recording” icon, which resembles a solid circle within a larger circle.
Tap the “Screen Recording” icon.
Note: If you long-press or 3D Touch the “Screen Recording” icon, it will open additional options, such as recording audio from the microphone.
A three-second countdown will appear after tapping the “Screen Recording” icon. It allows you to navigate to the screen you want to record.
After the countdown is complete, the status bar at the top of the screen will turn red, indicating that the recording has begun.
Step 4: Interact and Stop Screen Recording
While the screen recording is active, you can freely interact with your iPhone and navigate through different apps and screens.
Once you have finished recording, follow these steps to stop the screen recording:
To stop the recording, open the Control Center again.
- Find the red status bar at the top of the screen, indicating the recording is active.
- Tap the red status bar or the “Screen Recording” icon.
- If you want to stop the recording, a prompt will appear. Choose “Stop.”
Step 5: Save and Access Your Recorded Video
After stopping the screen recording, your video will be automatically saved to your Photos app. To access your recorded video, follow these steps:
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Find the video in your “Recent” album or navigate to the “Albums.”
- Tab and locate the “Screenshots” album.
Saving and Sharing Your Screen Recording on iPhone
Once you’ve recorded and edited your screen recording, it’s time to share it with others. Here’s how:
Share directly from the Photos app.
Choose the recording and then hit the Share option to share it immediately from the Pictures app. You can then share the recording via text message, email, or social media.
If you’re sharing your recording with someone who is nearby, you can use AirDrop to send it to them. Select the recording, tap the Share button, and then select the person you want to send it to from the AirDrop list.
Upload to YouTube
If you want to share your recording with a larger audience, you can upload it to YouTube.
Open the YouTube app, tap the camera icon, and select the recording from your camera roll. From there, you can edit the recording and upload it to your YouTube channel.
Alternative screen recording apps for iPhone
While the screen recording feature on your iPhone is powerful, other apps can also be used to record your screen. Here are some popular alternatives:
- DU Recorder: DU Recorder is a free program that allows you to record and alter your screen. It also has video editing and live broadcasting capabilities.
- AZ Screen Recorder: Another cost-free application worth mentioning is AZ Screen Recorder, which allows you to record your screen and modify your recordings. It also includes features like a countdown timer and a video editor.
- ScreenFlow: ScreenFlow is a paid app that lets you record your screen and edit your recordings. It also has a video editor and can add animations and effects.
Recording capability on an iPhone is a potent feature that empowers you to capture and share your screen effortlessly.
Whether you want to create engaging tutorials, record gameplay, or save important information, following the straightforward steps outlined in this guide, you will have the capability to screen record easily.
With the ability to customize the Control Center and access screen recording within seconds, you’ll be able to capture and share your screen experiences like a pro.
Recommended for you: How to Hide Likes on Facebook