Emojis have become an integral part of our digital communication, adding personality and emotions to our messages.
While iOS users enjoy a wide array of expressive emojis, Android users may find themselves longing for the same vibrant collection.
However, fear not. In this blog post, we will explore various methods to bring iPhone emojis to your Android device, allowing you to express yourself with the same fun and creativity.
The Difference Between iPhone and Android Emojis
They add personality and emotion to our messages, making them more engaging and relatable. However, if you’ve ever compared the emojis on an iPhone to those on an Android device, you may have noticed a stark difference. Apple’s emojis have a distinct style and often convey a different sentiment than their Android counterparts.
This difference can sometimes lead to misinterpretations and confusion in text conversations.
The main reason for the difference in emojis lies in the operating systems themselves. Apple and Android use different encoding systems for their emojis, resulting in variations in design and interpretation.
While some people may prefer the look and feel of Apple’s emojis, others may find Android’s emojis more appealing.
Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. But if you’re an Android user who wants to experience the world of iPhone emojis, there are a few methods you can try.
Steps On How To Get iPhone Emojis On Android
To begin, you’ll need to download and install a third-party keyboard app that offers iPhone emojis.
Step 1: Install a Third-Party Keyboard App
There are several options available on the Google Play Store, such as Gboard, SwiftKey, and Emoji Keyboard. Please choose the one that suits your preference and install it on your Android device.
Step 2: Enable the Keyboard
After installing the keyboard app, you’ll need to enable it. Go to your device’s Settings, then select “Language & Input” or “Keyboard & Input Methods.”
From there, choose the newly installed keyboard app and grant it the necessary permissions.
Step 3: Set the Keyboard as Default
To ensure that the iPhone emojis appear in all your messaging apps, set the new keyboard as your default input method.
In the Settings menu, go to “Current Keyboard” or “Default Keyboard” and select the keyboard app you installed in Step 1.
Step 4: Customize the Keyboard
Now that you have the keyboard app set up, you can customize it to resemble the iPhone keyboard experience.
Some apps allow you to change the keyboard theme, font style, and key layout. Explore the settings within the keyboard app to personalize it to your liking.
Step 5: Access the iPhone Emojis
With the keyboard app fully configured, you can now access the iPhone emojis. Launch any messaging app or social media platform compatible with emojis, and the new keyboard will appear when you tap on the text input field.
Look for the emoji icon (usually a smiley face) and tap on it to open the emoji picker.
Step 6: Start Using iPhone Emojis
Congratulations! You’ve successfully integrated iPhone emojis into your Android device. Browse through the various categories and choose the emoji that best represents your emotions.
Tap on the desired emoji, and it will automatically be inserted into your message. Express yourself with the same vibrant emojis enjoyed by iPhone users!
Check Out: How To Turn On 5 G on iPhone 11
Top 5 Third-Party Apps for iPhone Emojis on Android
Now that you know how to get iPhone emojis on your Android device using a third-party app, let’s take a look at some of the best options available in the Google Play Store.
These applications provide a range of features and customization options, enabling you to discover the ideal emoji keyboard that suits your requirements.
Here are the top 5 third-party apps for iPhone emojis on Android:
- Emoji Keyboard – Cute Emoticons, GIFs, Stickers: This popular keyboard app offers a wide selection of emojis, GIFs, and stickers. It also features a customizable keyboard layout and various themes to personalize your typing experience.
- SwiftKey Keyboard: Known for its predictive text capabilities, SwiftKey Keyboard also offers a range of emojis to choose from. The app learns your typing habits over time, making it easier to find the right emoji quickly.
- Gboard – the Google Keyboard: Developed by Google, Gboard is a highly versatile keyboard app that includes a vast collection of emojis. It also features integrated Google search, gesture typing, and voice typing, among other useful functions.
- FancyKey Keyboard – Cool Fonts, Emoji, GIF, Sticker: With FancyKey Keyboard, you can customize your keyboard with cool fonts, themes, and backgrounds. The application also provides an extensive array of emojis, GIFs, and stickers to enhance your messaging experience.
- Emoji Keyboard by EmojiOne: If you’re looking for a keyboard app that closely resembles iPhone emojis, Emoji Keyboard by EmojiOne is a great choice. It offers a comprehensive collection of emojis with a similar design to those found on iPhones.
These are just a few of the many third-party apps available for getting iPhone emojis on your Android device. Explore the Google Play Store to discover more options and find the app that best suits your preferences.
How to Use iPhone Emojis on Social Media Apps
Now that you have iPhone emojis on your Android device, you can use them in various social media apps to add a touch of personality to your posts and messages.
Here’s how you can use iPhone emojis on some popular social media platforms:
- Facebook: When composing a post or comment on Facebook, you can easily access iPhone emojis. You can access it by tapping the smiley face icon within the text input field. It will bring up a menu with a wide selection of emojis for you to choose from. Tap on the desired emoji to insert it into your post or comment.
- Instagram: In the Instagram app, you can add iPhone emojis to your captions, comments, and even your bio. To do this, tap on the text input field, then tap on the smiley face icon to open the emoji menu. From there, you can select the emoji you want to use and insert it into your text.
- Twitter: When composing a tweet on Twitter, you can use iPhone emojis by tapping on the smiley face icon in the text input field. It will open the emoji menu, allowing you to choose the emoji that best fits your tweet. Please tap on the desired emoji to add it to your tweet.
- Snapchat: To use iPhone emojis in your Snapchat snaps or stories, tap on the text input field, then tap on the smiley face icon to open the emoji menu.
From there, you can select the emoji you want to use and add it to your snap or story.
These are just a few examples of how you can use iPhone emojis on popular social media apps. The process may vary slightly depending on the app and device you’re using, but the general idea is the same.
Explore the emoji options in your favorite social media apps to make your posts and messages more expressive and engaging.
Pros and Cons of Using iPhone Emojis on Android
As with any customization option, there are pros and cons to using iPhone emojis on your Android device. Here’s a quick overview:
- Enhanced communication: iPhone emojis can add a new level of expressiveness to your messages and social media posts, making your communication more engaging and relatable.
- Compatibility with iPhone users: By using iPhone emojis on your Android device, you can ensure that iPhone users easily understand your emojis, as they will be familiar with the design and interpretation.
- Personalization: Using iPhone emojis allows you to personalize your device and make it feel more like an iPhone without the need for switching devices.
- Limited customization: While using third-party apps for iPhone emojis on Android offers a wide selection of emojis, it may limit your customization options compared to rooting your device and installing custom ROMs.
- Storage usage: Third-party emoji keyboard apps can take up additional storage space on your device, especially if they include other features like GIFs and stickers.
While Android and iOS offer distinct emoji styles, you can bridge the gap by bringing iPhone emojis to your Android device.
Whether through a third-party keyboard app, a custom launcher, or modifying the emoji font with root access, these methods enable you to express yourself using the vibrant and diverse iPhone emoji collection.
Select the approach that aligns most with your preferences and technical comfort level, and soon, you’ll be delighting your friends with an array of expressive iPhone emojis on your Android device. Happy texting!